Over time, minor scratches can accumulate on your vehicle, but we have some good news. There are several ways you can remove scratches from your car’s paint that are affordable and effective so you don’t have to pay for a touch-up or whole new coat of paint. Remarkably, you can use toothpaste to remove minor scratches from your car, and here’s how.
- Evaluate the scratch. Toothpaste is less effective at combating deeper scratches. If the scratch appears buried, pursue other scratch removal methods.
- Wash the area. Use water and a cleaning product designed for car exteriors.
- Prepare cloth with toothpaste. Get a microfiber towel, dampen it with water, and add about a quarter-sized amount of toothpaste.
- Apply toothpaste to scratch. Firmly rub the toothpaste into the scratch using circular motions.
- Rinse off toothpaste using water and re-evaluate the scratch. If necessary, you can reapply toothpaste one or two more times, evaluating after each application. Applying toothpaste more than three times might damage the clear coat on your vehicle’s paint.
Next time you are at your bathroom sink, remember that your toothpaste does more than clean your teeth. If you would like more tips and tricks on caring for your vehicle, visit us at ELCO Cadillac.